„You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.“- Wayne Dyer
Practicing mindfulness is not only beneficial for our mind but also for our soul. All we have to do is draw our attention away from the past or the future, to the present moment. We just need to pay attention to what is without trying to change anything. To allow ourselves to become more aware of our true self and on how we are truly feeling.
„Mindfulness is paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, non-judgmentally.” – Marsha Lucas
Here are some tips that you can incorporate into your daily life, in order to become more mindful:
- Practice mindfulness during your daily activities. Try to bring more awareness in tasks that you do on a daily basis.
- Breathe deeply and mindfully. Focusing on your breath can help to calm you down and enable you to find stillness in your mind.
- Learn to meditate. Practicing meditation enables the mind to let go of any troubling thoughts and helps us to just be present in the moment.
- Let your mind wander. Notice if your mind has wandered during meditation, and then non-judgmentally just bring it back to focus on your breathing.
- Journal. Write in your journal to capture your reflections on your purpose and short and long-term goals.
- Slow down! If you take a moment to stop and look around, you’ll have more appreciation for all the beautiful things that life has to offer.
- Practice Yoga. Think of it as a sort of moving meditation that helps you to find your inner peace and brings your body, mind and soul back in tune.