“AYURVEDA is the science of life and it has a very basic, simple kind of approach, which is that we are part of the universe and the universe is intelligent and the human body is part of the cosmic body” – Deepak Chopra
As the seasons change from SUMMER to WINTER, our BODIES and SOUL need some extra LOVE and CARE. This time of year brings shorter days, ever-changing weather, heavy winds, and cool air. Traditionally in AYURVEDA, AUTUMN is dominated by the VATA DOSHA, characterized by the element AIR. Ground yourself by balancing the sensitive VATA DOSHA with Ayurveda’s ancient wisdom. NOW is the time to keep your body warm and your soul nourished to protect your vitality during the cooler months ahead!
3 WAYS to BALANCE your VATA DOSHA during AUTUM:
1. Drink plenty of warming AYURVEDIC TEA to stay hydrated! This is especially important when you are inside a lot, as heatings tend to dry out the air. You can easily prepare your own AYURVEDIC TEA and drink it throughout the day – you’ll need:
– 1 l of boiling water
– juice of 1 lemon
– 2 cm of freshly chopped ginger root
– 1 cm of freshly chopped turmeric root
– 1 tsp of cinnamon
– 2 grinds of black pepper
– 1 tsp of fennel seeds
– honey to sweeten
2. DRY BRUSH your skin to make it GLOW, to help the blood circulate and to DETOX your lymphatic system of impurities! It’s a great way to prepare your IMMUNE SYSTEM for the colder days.
3. GET an AYURVEDIC OIL MASSAGE – the ultimate way to nourish your skin, body and soul! Enjoy the warming sensation of hot oil and surrender to a moment of pure relaxation! You’ll feel REPLENISHED, RELAXED yet RECHARGED.
Interested in taking care of your body during autumn? Then look no further! Our amazing therapeut Steven Simonet offers a wide range of professional AYURVEDIC MASSAGES at ATHAYOGA – find the perfect one for you TODAYAyurveda Massage
STEVEN and the ATHAYOGA TEAM